Sunday, March 21, 2010

Interior Design

I currently work during the day at a florist who caters to the well-known historical hotel, The Greenbrier. I was working in our main office yesterday which is located in the resort, and as I was out and about refreshing some of our flower arrangments, I snapped a few photos of some of my favorite paintings, hallways, and decor throughout the hotel. The hotel was originally decorated in the mid 1900's by the first person to proffessionalize interior design and have their own design company, Dorothy Draper. In her time, she was modern, used vibrant colors, and mixed alot of bold patterns. Today, the style and decor Draper used is still displayed throughout the hotel.

A perfect painting for the ballroom

I love these big flower light fixtures in the hallway to the banquet rooms

My arrangement next to the theater



I love the ceiling



North Parlor

2 comments:

  1. WOW! What a beautiful place to work! You are so blessed to be surrounded by such creative colors, style and design!
    I LOVE your arrangment also, would love to see more!
    Keep up the good work Miss Emily!
    Love ya,
    Aunt Donna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the sweet comments, Aunt Donna :) Sometimes, I get really inspired walking through this place. I'll post more pics later on.

    ReplyDelete