Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Flea Markets

You know when people ask you - So, if you had anywhere to go in the world, what would be your top five places to visit? Well, I'd have to say the Paris Flea Market would definitely make my list. This famous market was started in the late 19th century when men called 'pickers' would ravage through garbage at night to find junk to sell that would hopefully be another man's treasure. This


scavenger hunt became so popular that it led to the 'pickers' gathering in groups outside city walls and setting up temporary booths. The flea market still thrives today covering 15 acres of ground with 2000 shops. WOW! Now, that is alot of bargaining!!

Now, back to the real world - I have an awesome little flea market right here in my little mountain town in West Virginia. It's year round and is open Saturday and Tuesday. Last Tuesday was one of the best flea markets days ever! I have always drooled over vintage stained glass but can never really afford it. But Tuesday, I spotted a small stained glass window probably only a foot high with a rose in the center and flaps on the side. As soon as I saw it, I knew it was mine. It even had a good price on it, and ended up getting it for even less! Happy flea marketing!

No comments:

Post a Comment