Monday, March 22, 2010

A Charming Wedding

Last June, my good friend, Katherine, got married to Ethan on a beautiful and unique outdoor venue called The Confluence Resort, which is located in Southern, West Virginia. The venue was perfect for the couple considering their love for nature and the outdoors. Here, there are 50 acres of fields, forests, and overlooks that are surrounded by whitewater. I was very honored to take part in both the wedding ceremony and the decorating. The venue really doesn't need alot of over the top decorating so we kept it simple and charming with a little bit of country flair. With close attention to details, I think it was one of the most beautiful weddings I've ever seen. So, I want to share with you a few pictures of the decor. Later this spring, I will post round two, showing more picture of the bride and groom. I also want to give a shout out to the fabulous photographer, Emily Porter, who captured the best moments of the event.

Becca, Katherine's sister, and I gathered our colored glass bottle collections and put them on the tables with wildflowers on top of a burlap runner.


The bridesmaids each wore a different color dress from Anthropologie. That's me in the purple ;)


Becca found awesome vintage candle holders at a flea market. We also put bird seed in mason jars with votive candles.


The tables were named after favorite rivers of Katherine and Ethan.

Sneak peek of the bride and groom.

The food stations were in the barn so we covered up a door with an old quilt.


This was the overlook where the ceremony took place. Gorgeous!!

2 comments: