Friday, April 9, 2010

Flower of the Week

I have been totally slacking with my blog lately! Tis' the season for weddings and nice weather :) So, I've decided to have a 'Flower of the Week' post each week describing a flower giving it's origin, meaning, growing life, medicinal purposes, aesthetic uses, etc. I will also be taking pictures of the flowers myself and sharing them with you. So, for this week, I chose a beautiful and delicate flower, the anemone.
-comes from anemos, the Greek word for wind
-is also called wind flower which signifies the wind
that blows the petal open will eventually blow the petal away
-120 different species which grow as tubers
-3 different types of anemones: spring, Mediterranean, and fall
-like sun to partial shade
-used for treatment of aches and emotional distress
-used commonly as a cut flower for arrangements and wedding bouquets

These poor little guys were being thrown away today at work so I gave them a home!


I designed this bouquet a while back, and it's made with crepe paper anemones.

No comments:

Post a Comment